KeraSoft vision

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Nrahuf
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

KeraSoft vision

Postby Nrahuf » Thu 04 Jan 2018 10:05 pm

I have had KC fo a number o years and have managed it with spectacles - recently found the need to wear contact lenses and have been recommended Kerasft. Have tried both KeraSoft thins and now KeraSoft IC. I find them comfortable to wear but my issue is my vision. I have great vision with spectacles but can get no where near with the contacts. My long distance seems fine it’s my close up especially If working with a screen - my vision seems blurred. Have tried a number of prescriptions but no impRovement and the practionor is suggesting this is the best I will get!

Anyone had similar experience or have you managed to get as good vision from the contacts as spactacles? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: KeraSoft vision

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 05 Jan 2018 8:01 pm

Usually with KC, contact lenses give better vision than glasses, but contact lenses come in a variety of types. Corneal rgp lenses are generally thought to give the sharpest vision, though they probably won't be as comfortable as the Kerasoft, and may take longer to get used to. We've certainly got forum users who get good vision with Kerasoft lenses, but a lens that works well for one person with KC may not work as well as a different lens for someone else.

Nrahuf

Postby Nrahuf » Fri 05 Jan 2018 11:43 pm

Thanks Anne. At this stage my consultant is advising me to stick with the soft lenses rather than go with RGP. My KC has been relatively stable for the last ten years and I have good vision with specatacles. Just seem to struggle to get a good contact lens.

What other KC soft contacts are available in the UK? Is their a complete list somewhere on the forum?

Lia Williams

Postby Lia Williams » Sat 06 Jan 2018 8:33 am

I don't think that there is a complete list of the different types of contact lenses for keratoconus on this forum.

However you might like to look at the videos from the last Keratoconus Group conference. The last video talks about the different types of contact lenses. The videos can be found here:

http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/conference_2016/

Lia

Return to “General Discussion Forum”