Corneal rings

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Lsimmo
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Corneal rings

Postby Lsimmo » Wed 12 Apr 2017 9:19 am

Anyone else had the rings operation? Had mine a month ago in left eye and finding the recovery difficult. Does it feel better after stitches removed?

I've got a constant issue of not being able to look anywhere but downwards at the moment. Making office work really difficult.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Corneal rings

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 18 Apr 2017 3:18 pm

The trouble with a forum like this is that people who have had a successful procedure tend not to come back to tell us about it. We do have some members who were pleased with their rings, but you'll also find forum users who weren't and ended up having them removed. (If you put Intacs into the search on this forum, you'll find some old posts).
I hope you don't have too long to wait until the stitches come out and you'll have a better idea of whether the rings have worked for you.
All the best

Lsimmo
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Postby Lsimmo » Thu 20 Apr 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks for reply. I'll have a look through. I've contacted the hospital but think it's easier to get advice from someone who has been through it

KyD
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby KyD » Wed 13 Sep 2017 11:19 am

I have had intacs done in both eyes, my left was done 7 months ago and my right 3-4 months ago. I was hoping it would improve my vision, which it has done somewhat but much less than i was hoping (though my vision is still improving slowly so anything is possible). The only downside I have seen from having the intacs done is that I now seem to have dry eyes which i never had before and from time to time I have a foreign body sensation where I can feel them. This normally disappears after some sleep though.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”