6 months after my CXL haze...

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

CrippsCorner
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

6 months after my CXL haze...

Postby CrippsCorner » Thu 21 May 2015 12:36 pm

Hi just thought I'd update my situation :mrgreen:

If you've read my threads previously you'll know I got severe corneal hazing after getting CXL performed on my second eye. This week marks 6 months since it started... and I'm getting somewhere, slowly.

In the daylight especially I'm finding it easier; the reflections and ghosting are still horrible but I can see text on my iPhone and street names. I had a check up yesterday and for the first time they've decided it's time to start contacts/glasses again in that eye... I can't wait to see the results!

I can clearly still see that the hazing is there, and it's like looking through smoke all the time, but progress is progress, and hopefully it'll continue. One strange thing we did find out which I've never seen mentioned before is that CXL has made my right eye long sighted, and my left eye short sighted! Apparently the difference in diopters in my case is more than the brain can cope with (when it comes to glasses) :shock: so they've had to tone it down a bit, but hopefully they'll still be usable.

If I can be posting up in another 6 months that I've seen further improvements I'll be a happy man!

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: 6 months after my CXL haze...

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 21 May 2015 1:14 pm

So pleased you've got some better news at last. And looking forward to what the news will be when you try glasses/contact lenses. I've got my fingers crossed that progress in the next 6 mths will be a lot faster than the last six!

CrippsCorner
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby CrippsCorner » Fri 22 May 2015 7:51 am

Thanks Anne.

It's been a tough old struggle but at least I feel like I'm getting somewhere now :P just picked up my glasses prescription and it seems they've toned it down so my brain can cope with the short/long sightedness... hopefully it won't be too much for the few cells I have remaining lol.

MattD87
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Postby MattD87 » Fri 22 May 2015 8:32 am

Really glad to hear there's improvement even though it's still slow progress.

Is there improvement in what you can see with glasses? Glasses have never worked for my left eye, so I'm wondering if it might be worth trying again after things have settled even though my unaided sight is basically exactly as bad.

CrippsCorner
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby CrippsCorner » Fri 22 May 2015 7:38 pm

The prescriptions in my glasses are really old at the moment... although they make my good eye slightly better, they actually make my bad eye much, much worse. Shows what a massive difference CXL has made, so far anyway. I'll get my new glasses prescription next week so I'll update in due course!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”