Quicktopic posts: Nov 2003

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

sajeev Nadarajan

Postby sajeev Nadarajan » Thu 20 Nov 2003 12:06 pm

Sorry guys my email is telecoms@consultant.com
Please tell me what I should do next?

Rosie Turner

Postby Rosie Turner » Thu 20 Nov 2003 5:52 pm

Dear Rosemary
Thank you for your message and this is all sound and sensible advice. At the moment I need to get a handle on the pain , and the vision is the lesser problem, but will bear all this in mind. Thanks for your help. with best wishes
Rosie
< replied-to message removed by QT >

Jawaid

Postby Jawaid » Fri 21 Nov 2003 9:34 am

FAO SANJEEV
Hi there,
My name is jawaid. I have kerataconus. I have had it for the past 23 years. I am currently wearing contacts lens. However as the years have gone by my corneas have become more pronounced meaning that the lens for right eye no longer fits comfortably. I have now been given a sceral lens which fits over the cornea. It is a huge lens but it is far more comfortable to wear. The next step would be the dreaded corneal graft. I refer to your posting about a cure where a graft could be avoided altogather. Am i right that this is possible?

Christopher Jackson

Postby Christopher Jackson » Fri 21 Nov 2003 11:16 am

Sajeev,
This document, published by Lombari Eye Clinic, reads very well. I will certainly take advice from the professionals at The Moorfield. In the meantime I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this procedure.

Rosie Turner

Postby Rosie Turner » Fri 21 Nov 2003 7:52 pm

Deleted by author 25-11-2003 06:26 AM

Kathryn Farminer

Postby Kathryn Farminer » Sat 22 Nov 2003 6:11 am

Rosie
Having lens through the post sounds a bit scarey!
Dale's (my son) are posted to the clinic which is worth the extra trip to have someone double check
the fit clearance etc on the binocular thingy.
Still, you're right, could be something else set it off.
hope you get more helpful responses
kateF
>

Rosie Turner

Postby Rosie Turner » Sun 23 Nov 2003 6:35 pm

Thanks Kate and you're right. Having learnt more over the last few months, I realise it really isn't a good idea to have lenses posted out, but I hadn't queried it - its the way the contact lens clinic at my local hospital organises things and hadn't caused problems during the last six years although on the most recent occasion I feel it might have done. I would be much more wary in future (especially if the keratoconus is meaning that the eye is changing all the time). Rosie < replied-to message removed by QT >

Kathryn Farminer

Postby Kathryn Farminer » Mon 24 Nov 2003 3:55 pm

dear rosie
dont agonise, theres so much about the eye we dont know, and it may well not be connected to the lenses, may have happened anyway? Things only seem to be connected because of the time scale, but if youd eaten shark or swum in a lake that week you would have blamed that?!!!
How is the pain management going?
Ive been looking for pain control for sinus problems for 30 years and just found out its not my sinuses anyway!!
that was a long time to be wrong!!
KateF

>

Rosie Turner

Postby Rosie Turner » Mon 24 Nov 2003 8:04 pm

Deleted by author 27-11-2003 01:13 AM

Andrew Thomas MacLean

Postby Andrew Thomas MacLean » Tue 25 Nov 2003 1:55 pm

I attended for a pre-theatre assessment today. The surgeon looked at my eyes and asked how long I had been avoiding surgery!

I'll go in for my right eye graft on Friday of next week (December 5). In the meantime I hope to meet lots of folk at the Scottish Support Group this Satureay, Renfield St Stephens Centre, Bath s/treet, Glasgow at 2.00 pm. :-)
Yours aye

Andrew

Return to “General Discussion Forum”