Quicktopic posts: Jan 2002

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Eleanor F - Oxford

Postby Eleanor F - Oxford » Thu 31 Jan 2002 9:37 am

Dear Tim

The double vision problem may be solved by reducing the power of one of your lenses. Each lens may be the optimum for each eye when used on an individual basis, but when combined may just be too much - hence the double vision. When I had a similar problem with my new prescription I was told it was all a question of balance. By reducing the strength of one of my lenses slightly I no longer have any problem.

I hope this makes sense! If anything is not clear I would be happy to try to explain further.

I wear RGPs, have had one graft, and attend the Oxford eye hospital rather than going to an optician.

Ian - Oxfordshire

Postby Ian - Oxfordshire » Thu 31 Jan 2002 4:50 pm

Found an interesting link listing various c/lens manufacturers...http://www.aclm.org.uk/links.htm

Best regards

Ian - Oxfordshire

Postby Ian - Oxfordshire » Thu 31 Jan 2002 5:06 pm

Tim,

Double vision is a problem with KC, as is glare.

Larger optic lenses *may* help. I do suffer from double vision and would be keen to find a solution to this one. Perhaps we could research this and find out more as a group...

I am a similar age to yourself (31) and have had KC for about 12 years. Again I am told it is fairly mild and again glasses don't really give me any quality of vision.

I wear RGPs for 16+ hours each day - I do find as the pupil dilates (due to darkness or tiredness) - the double vision and flare/glare/halos worsens. I am keen to look at some alternative lenses so I'll keep you posted if I have any joy.

Best regards
Ian

Return to “General Discussion Forum”