Quicktopic posts: Dec 2001

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Amanda Stigle

Postby Amanda Stigle » Thu 20 Dec 2001 8:07 am

Dear Jacqueline
Yes, I have experienced severe pain in one eye, having worn sclerals for four years without any problems-infact they were fantastic, and actually got me off the waiting list for a corneal graft. But earlier this year,I started to get severe pain actually in the eye itself,similar side-effects asn a migraine.The only way to get rid of it was to take my lens out, find a dark quiet room,and take migraleve or voltarol also helped. I stopped wearing a lens in my right eye.
I was unable to tolerate the contact of the lens on my cornea.A lens with less contact did not give me the vision I needed.
I don't know if you have a badly fitting lens or perhaps you have developed an intolerance to the plastics in the type of lens you use.
However if you can't link the pain specifically to wearing one of your lenses it would be a good idea to see your GP just to rule out any other medical causes.If you are having a blood test I guess you have already done this.
Hope this is of some help.Best wishes for christmas, and wishes for pain free good eye sight in the new year!

John Smith

Postby John Smith » Thu 27 Dec 2001 6:50 pm

Alex,

6 months after your graft and you're back at work?!

Have you had all that time off?

John

Return to “General Discussion Forum”