Quicktopic posts: May 2001

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Whiteduck

Postby Whiteduck » Tue 29 May 2001 4:35 pm

MMP-2

Remember this from the conference ?

Well check out : http://www.kcenter.org/Newsstand/1.html

Bye for now

Whiteduck

Postby Whiteduck » Tue 29 May 2001 4:44 pm

RoseK - anyone know what the largest diameter available is (more importantly optic zone) - I read on the US site that it seems it is quite customisable.

Regards

Ian Pearson

Postby Ian Pearson » Tue 29 May 2001 8:02 pm

Deleted by topic administrator 01-06-2001 07:07 PM

Mark Phillips

Postby Mark Phillips » Wed 30 May 2001 4:29 am

Hi All

I have just discovered this web site. I had a right corneal graft about 4 years ago for KC. It has been a great success although I need contacts and glasses because of the astigmatism. Performed by Mr. Richards at the Royal Berkshire Hospital. I have learnt a lot from the experience so If anyone wants to discuss then post a reply.

Mark

Alan Chown

Postby Alan Chown » Thu 31 May 2001 3:52 am

Excuse my dimness, but I'm subscribed to this list, but can't for the life of me remember the homepage of where this list derives from. I think KC may have addled my brain, but it would satisfy my curiosity if someone would let me know.

Alan

Lawrence Freeman

Postby Lawrence Freeman » Thu 31 May 2001 12:49 pm

Sue,
I've been visiting the US site kcenter.org for about six months now and there are some really good items on it. The discussion board is split into categories with people being able to just reply to a particular message rather than the whole board. I suppose you would have to do that with the number of messages posted to a US site.

After reading a lot of the messages from Americans on that site, I saw a lot of panic and despair from a lot of people. To be honest I'd never really thought about KC in quite the same way that some of them had. I'd just thought about getting on with life as best I could. However, I may have to rethink my career as being a computer programmer can't be good for my headaches!!

Keep smiling everyone,
Lawrence.

Ian Pearson

Postby Ian Pearson » Thu 31 May 2001 8:02 pm

Deleted by topic administrator 01-06-2001 07:07 PM

Return to “General Discussion Forum”