The day is here

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Re: The day is here

Postby Lizb » Wed 24 Nov 2010 4:59 pm

well for the first full day of having my eye open, it now feels like i have worn contact lenses for too long and is very very dry - eye may be shut for the rest of the evening. wetting drops are at the side of me, and i am due my next antibiotic and steriod drops in half hour
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

Ladyburd
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ladyburd » Fri 03 Dec 2010 12:57 pm

Hi

Have you been to see you Dr yet to check your vision? Hows it feeling now?

I hope its going well for you & that its improved your vision

Unfortunately my KC did not improve, just a slight improvement on my myopia, so i'm now looking into cross linking

Wishing you all the best

Cx

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Lizb » Fri 03 Dec 2010 2:56 pm

I am at the hospital on monday morning. I wont notice any difference until i am checked on the board on monday as my right eye does all the work.
I actually had crosslinking (privately) done before i had intacs done.

I have had an interesting week this week, as i was up most of last friday night and all day saturday looking after my nan (who had the norovirus picked up from her hospital stay the previous week) followed by my being bad all day sunday & husband sunday night and monday with same said bug :( Not nice at all, as i was dehydrated my eyes were very itchy and I was extremely tired on top of that. Since my recovery i have been back looking after my nan, as it has taken a lot longer for her to recover (she is aged 88) and the bug has swept through the rest of my family as well. Not the most restful week at all, and it is has been fun as i have been on public transport/relying on family as not allowed to drive - not great when family live a good hours drive away in good weather)
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

Ladyburd
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ladyburd » Fri 03 Dec 2010 5:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, you sound like you had "sod's law" too! I had to get emergency surgery to get my wisdom teeth out after my INTCAS (not related to the INTACS) , then i got hit by an ASDA truck then next week!......Thankfully I'm fully recovered from my year from hell

I hope it gets better for you & that your Nan gets well soon

I was the same with my eyes & was so happy when they showed me the board & I could actually see it - I was amazed

But one thing to note, I did get a pain in the back of my eye, we think it was like muscle strain as the eye hadn't worked for 20 years & now it does. Hope you can see the board too

Take care & chin up

Return to “General Discussion Forum”